Prostate Cancer Facts and Statistics
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in Australian men*
- Prostate cancer kills more men than breast cancer kills women
- Australia has the highest incidence of prostate cancer in the world
- About 20,000 men are diagnosed each year, the average age of diagnosis is 67 years
- 1 in 5 men will develop prostate cancer before the age of 85
*(excluding non-melanoma skin cancers)
* Source for statistics http://canceraustralia.gov.au/
A world-first innovation in online clinical support for anyone affected by prostate cancer
PROSTMATE is a personalised online program for prostate cancer patients and their families providing tailored information, advice and support. The program includes confidential online portal with online telehealth consultations, tools to track progress, treatments and appointments, and self-help modules to enhance health and wellbeing.
PROSTMATE’s online platform enables men all over Australia to access the latest information on prostate cancer, tailored to their circumstances.
PROSTMATE is the result of a national collaboration involving leaders in each discipline of prostate cancer. The need for this revolutionary online program was driven by men with prostate cancer who experience limited access to tailored information and clinical support during their prostate cancer journey.
Visit PROSTMATE at www.prostmate.org.au and become a member today.